February 14, 2012

Shousetsu Sheet/消雪シート

Let me provide some information about Shousetsu Sheet. Shousetsu (Snow Melting) Sheet is a product of Patedison Co., Ltd.
消雪シートに関する情報です。消雪シートは、(株)パテジソンの製品です。

Here is a flyer of Shousetsu Sheet:
消雪シートのチラシ:
The flyer says, "The standard amount of water to sprinkle is about 300 cc per square meter, which is about one-tenth of the amount for the conventional "water-flowing" roof".
チラシには、「標準散水量は約300cc/平米。従来の流水屋根の約10分の1の量です」と書かれています。
The roof snow melting system comprises three genuine parts, Shousetsu Sheet, flow divider, and valve stem, and general-purpose parts such as valves and PVC pipes.
屋根融雪システムは、3つの純正部品(消雪シート、分流板、弁棒)と、バルブや塩ビ管などの汎用部品から成ります。
Valve stems are mounted in the PVC pipe.
弁棒は塩ビ管に取り付けられます。

A valve stem:
弁棒
I had my house built in the fall of 2005, and had the Shousetsu Sheet roof snow melting system installed in the following year, 2006.
Now the Sheet gathers moss, as you can see in the photo below.
家は2005年の秋に建て、消雪シートによる屋根融雪システムは翌年、2006年に設置しました。
今では、写真を見て分かるように、消雪シートには藻が生えています。
Depending on who you are, you may like the sight. As for me, I hate it.
こんな光景が好きな人もいるでしょうが、私自身は嫌です。

This video will show you how the system works.
このビデオを見れば、システムの仕組みが分かると思います。
At a rough estimate, the water flow rate in this particular video is 700-900 cc per square meter.
大まかにいって、このビデオでの流量は約700~900 cc/m2です。

If you have any questions about Shousetsu Sheet, feel free to ask.
消雪シートに質問がある方はお気軽にどうぞ。

To make a long story short, I don't think Shousetsu Sheet is worth the money I paid.
簡単に言えば、消雪シートは、お金をかける価値はないと思います。

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I find such snow removal devices interesting, especially the water system to remove snow from the road. As I've siad many times, I live in Canada so I feel that as Canadians we have learned to live with the snow. (and adapted building structures accordingly)

Although this year we've had very little snow so far!

Hiroyuki said...

Stacy: The system you mentioned, shousetsu pipe, was first installed in Nagaoka, Niigata, in 1961.

The first consideration you have to make when building a house here in this snowy region is how to deal with the snow in the wintertime.